Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Blake's work and life updates.

GOOD NEWS . I finally got a job actually two. I am working part time for the city in the rec department at the front desk, and I am teaching one junior high shop class. No exactly what I want to do forever but it is better then nothing. My class is actually pretty good for 7th graders and I have an in with the district. Blake works at the event center the city bought and they just put in their ice a couple of weeks ago. It is pretty cool. Here are some pictures.
This is the finished ice from the bleachers.
The University of Wyoming hockey team plays some of their home games here so this is their logo. Most of the logos are painted on the ice.


This is Greg marking the lines to be painted. They paint on the bottom layer of ice and then put more ice on top. Greg said they use something like 10,500 gallons of water to make a 1 1/2 inches of ice.
This is Blake's boss Mandy. I don't think she knows he took this picture.
Some of the maintenance guys doing whatever maintenance guys do.
This is someone on the Zamboni. They use it to smooth out the ice after it has been used. I think it also adds water.

1 comment:

Marsha said...

Congratulations on your jobs! That rec center looks awesome!