Sunday, July 27, 2008

Frontier Days

For those of you who don't know what Frontier Days is.. It is a big rodeo and old west celebration . This year was the 112th. The rodeo goes for ten days. This is the first year I have ever been. My family came over and we went to the pancake breakfast and rodeo on Monday. (but I am an idiot and didn't take any pictures.) It was fun. I was amazed at how fast the breakfast was the line was blocks long but we had our food in less then half and hour. The Local Kawanis club and boy scouts put it on. The people cooking the pancakes flip them off the grill and the boys catch them on cookie sheets it was pretty cool to watch. They have concerts and stuff at night. On Thursday Blake and I went to see Marianda Lambert and Jason Aldean with some of his friends from home. That is what these pictures are of. We were in the standing room section so we were pretty close to the stage it was really cool. And as you can see we were outside which I have decided is the best place for concerts to be. This is Marianda Lambert. Thursday was tough enough to wear pink day. So there were lots of cowboys in pink shirts. And she had a pink guitar. She rocked by the way.

This is her bass player with a mohawk. Which I thought was kind of weird for a member of a country band.
This is Jason Aldean. He also rocked I would highly recommend seeing either one of them in concert.
This is Jake trying to get Blake to dance. It didn't work though. He is not much of a dancer. It was a great concert and a fun week. If you ever get the chance to come over it is worth it.

1 comment:

Leisa said...

yipee!!! you have a blog i'm so glad